NEW VISIT SCHEDULING PROCESS
VVH will begin using an online scheduling program for family visits. You can sign up for access at the following link: https://signup.com/go/sXFsfta
Things to remember when scheduling your visit:
- All visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Our Night Nursing Supervisor will be printing out a copy of each day’s visitation for each unit. Neighborhood staff do not have access to the schedule. If you are not on the printout, you may be turned away from your visit.
- Multiple weekday visits are permitted, but only 1 weekend visit.
- If you are unable to participate in a weekday visit or are traveling over an hour for your visit, we can increase you visit time and allow two weekend visits. Please contact your loved one’s social worker if you fall into this category.
- Up to 4 Veterans/Members on each neighborhood can have a one-hour visit at a time
- Please be sure you are signing up for your loved one’s neighborhood when you schedule your visit.
- If you do not see a visit time you are looking for that means all the time slots for that time have been reserved already.
- If you do not have computer access or if you run into difficulties, please call 802-447-6539, M-F during normal business hours for assistance.
- Only VVH staff with access to the scheduling software can see which Veteran or Member has an appointment, who the visitors are, and the contact phone number.
- Phone numbers are required for contact tracing purposes.
- All other rules around visitation apply. You will be required to agree to a “wavier” that contains the most up to date rules regarding visits.
- Out of state travelers must follow the current travel guidance for the state of Vermont found at: Travel | Vermont Department of Health (healthvermont.gov)
Indoor visit guidelines:
1. Visitors will enter the neighborhood using the same neighborhood entrance that the staff uses.
2. Visitors will be provided a copy of VVH’s visitation guidelines.
3. Visitors should be monitored or escorted to ensure they go directly to the Veteran’s or Member’s room or designated visitation area.
4. Veterans or Members with a private room will have their visits in their room.
5. Veterans or Members in a semi-private room will have their visits take place in a visitation room on each neighborhood.
6. Visits will take place during the following times, on all neighborhoods: a. Monday thru Friday 1pm to 4:30pm and 6pm to 7pm. Saturday and Sunday 10am to 11:30am and 1pm to 4:30pm and 6pm to 7pm.
7. Visits are 1 hour in length, 3 adult visitors at a time; children can visit and those over 2 years of age should wear a facial covering.
8. Visitors may bring items directly to the Veteran or Member.
9. Visitors cannot eat or drink during the visit.
10. Veterans or Members can enjoy food or beverages brought to the visit by a family member.
11. Pets are allowed at visits.
12. If the weather permits visitors may take the Veteran or Member outside but must continue to wear a facial covering. Visitors must notify the charge nurse that they are taking the Veteran or Member outside. Visits still remain 1 hour in length regardless of location.
13. Visitors must use hand sanitizer upon entering the building, as needed during the visit, and at the end of the visit.
14. Visitors must wear a mask at all times, no other PPE is required unless the Veteran or Member is on precautions requiring the use of additional PPE.
15. Veterans or Members on quarantine are not allowed to have visitors except for compassionate care visits.
16. A brief hug at the beginning and end of each visit is allowed. Visitors must use hand sanitizer just prior to and after the hug and must keep their facial covering on. Veterans and Members must sanitize their hands just prior to and after the hug and should be encouraged to wear a facial covering.
17. Staff supervision of visits is not necessary, but staff should check in with the visitors at least once to ensure they are being compliant with the visitation rules.
18. Visitors will be given a copy of the visitation rules upon entering the facility.
19. Visitors will be screened prior to each visit.
20. Vaccination status and recent PCR tests for visitors are not required.
21. Visitors must remain in the Veteran’s or Member’s room unless they need to speak to staff.
22. Visitors cannot move about the unit or visit any other resident, no exceptions.